37 hours per week – Term Time
Actual Annual Salary - £15,572.86 per annum (£9.88 per hour pay award pending)
Work Pattern - Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:00 and Friday 7:30 – 15:30
Local Terms & Conditions Apply
We are seeking to recruit for September, a highly competent, efficient and organised Student Welfare Assistant & Receptionist to manage the student medical room, provide first aid assistance when required, as well as carry out associated administrative tasks.
This is a key role central to the school and requires a confident and approachable postholder, who has the ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines.
Applicants should be educated to GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English and must have:
- A First Aid Qualification;
- Excellent interpersonal skills which are essential to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, students and parents;
- The ability to ensure accurate records are maintained;
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in a busy school environment, both as a team member and independently;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- An understanding of the needs for discretion and confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages;
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
This role would ideally suit a qualified nurse (or former nurse) seeking an alternative job role which will fully utilise their skills, experience and qualifications in the medical field.
Please apply by clicking here.
Closing Date for applications is Tuesday 24 July 2018
Interviews will be held Thursday 26 July 2018
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection.