KES seeks to support students at all stages of transition and in preparation for life as an adult.
This support could include:
- Close liaison with Primary Feeders to ensure successful transition into secondary school
- Working with students and parents in Year 9 to make appropriate option choices for Key Stage 4
- Working with the Children & Young Peoples Disability Service (Yr9KS4/KS5) to ensure a smooth transition to post 16 education or training – to equip students with the skills to plan for their future
- Organising travel or mobility training
- Providing personalised work experience
- Facilitating transfer onto appropriate Post 16 College Courses by arranging additional visits to training institutions to familiarise students with the environment and staff