It is important for children to have a good nutritious meal at lunchtime. If parents/carers can’t afford school dinners they may be eligible for free school meals.
We have teamed up with CAPITA SIMS Free School Meals (https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims) to provide an online application for free school meals which gives an immediate response to our parents and carers. The online form is accessible from any PC or on a mobile phone Internet browser. If you do not have access to either, your local library offers free access to a PC with internet usage. There is no longer a need to complete a paper form or provide us with paper proof of entitlement.
The information provided to process your claim for free school meals will be used to verify your initial, and ongoing, entitlement. The information may also be used to ensure accuracy of records across the local authority and to check against fraud.
You could be eligible for free, tasty meals for your children if you or your partner gets either:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child tax credit with an annual gross income into the household that is no more than £16,190, provided you are NOT entitled to working tax credit. If you are entitled to any part of working tax credit there is NO eligibility with the exception of working tax run-on as shown below
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
To complete an online application you will need:
- Your own name and date of birth and contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
The value of a free school meal is £2.30 per day and may be used at either break time or at lunch time.
Apply for Free School Meals here: https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims.