It is important for children to have a good nutritious meal at lunchtime. If parents/carers can’t afford school dinners they may be eligible for free school meals.
We have teamed up with https://myfreeschoolmeals.com to provide an online application for free school meals which gives an immediate response to our parents and carers. The online form is accessible from any PC or on a mobile phone Internet browser. If you do not have access to either, your local library offers free access to a PC with internet usage. There is no longer a need to complete a paper form or provide us with paper proof of entitlement.
How do you assess my application?
The online application checks your eligibility for free school meals with the Department of Work and Pensions, it then tells us whether you are eligible for free school meals. It does not provide us with any other information. You must tell The King Edmund School if you stop receiving your benefit.
Failure to notify The King Edmund School of any changes to your benefit may mean you have to pay for any meals taken whilst you were not eligible.
You could be eligible for free, tasty meals for your children if you or your partner gets either:
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Support under ‘Part V1 Of Immigration & Asylum Act 1999’
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and support allowance (income related)
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
The value of a free school meal is £2.30 per day and may be used at either break time or at lunch time.
Apply for Free School Meals here: https://myfreeschoolmeals.com
Online application demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVC2ivfne1I