The Humanities Faculty comprises of: Geography, History, Psychology, Religious Education and Sociology.
The Faculty has teaching staff with a wide range of experience who work together and with students. It has high expectations of students and uses varied and engaging teaching and learning strategies. The aim is to encourage self-motivation in students, within a supportive learning environment.
At Key Stage 3, all students study Geography, History and Religious Education in Years 7, 8 and 9.
At Key Stage 4, students can choose GCSEs in Geography, History and Sociology.
At Key Stage 5, A Levels are offered in Geography, History, Psychology, Religious Studies and Sociology.
Gifted and Talented Students
Projects and opportunities on offer:
- Higher order activities are utilised offering debating competitions and various extra-curricular clubs.
- Guest speakers are invited into school to stretch and challenge student thinking.
- Revision classes are run for A* and A grade students.
- GCSE students are mentored by A Level students.
- Research tasks are presented to the Senior Leadership Team by students.