All hairdressing and hair and beauty qualifications are taught from the school’s onsite purpose built salon.
The courses offered at Key Stage 4 and 5 allow the students to express themselves and build self-esteem, as well as learn technical skills that could be developed into a specific career path.
KS5 Hairdressing is taught to industry standard, a pass in this qualification shows industry competency in Hairdressing level 2 to progress to a Junior stylist in a salon or to a level 3 qualification. This course covers:
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- The art of dressing hair, styling, setting and hair-up
- Colour and lighten hair
- Cutting hair
- Health and safety in the salon
- Promoting products and services
KS4 The course we offer is a City & Guilds technical certificate in hair and beauty studies and is recognised in the performance league tables as equivalent to 1 GCSE A*-C.
Throughout the course students will research and learn about 3 units:
- Explore the world of hair and beauty
- Science of hair and beauty
- Design in the hair and beauty sector
This will prepare them for Level 2 industry qualifications, work placements or further education.